A Place for my mind to wander.

Friday, August 12

Someday someone will ask, though I'm sure others have wondered, why I know so many quotes and lyrics. Why do I use them so freely instead of writing my own thoughts? Quotes are beautiful you see. By definition they are short sayings or sentences that can emcompass paragraphs of feelings and knowledge. What do you think about capital punishment? "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"--Ghandi. Are you pro-choice? "Abortion is supported by those already born"--unknown. How do you know it's true love? "Every times she sneezes I believe it's love"--Counting Crows. What does life mean to you? "Life is a thousand small deaths"--Barbara Kingsolver. Maybe you don't understand exactly what I am saying by all of these quotes but that is where the true beauty lies. You will take my response and mold it in your own way to mean what you believe it to mean. Quotes say it in ways that I cannot. I could rant for many more entries about lost love or I could simply type; "Undo it, take it back, make every day the one before. Until I am returned to the day before the one that made you gone."-Rapoport. Simple, poetic. If only life could be the same.

No comments: