A Place for my mind to wander.

Thursday, August 4

Today I saw heaven in the sunrise. The skies were covered by a soft quilt of clouds. After my morning run the clouds broke slightly and light from heaven shone through. At that moment I knew that the world was still beautiful. Though I embrace my youth I do long for the patience that only comes with age. It's such a hard thing to know so clearly what you want and not be able to do anything about it. Life becomes a little harder when others find the time to point out your failure and ask repeatedly when you will ever make amends. I have made amends with myself, though I want more than that, and that's really all I can control. It makes me sad to think that life is more than who we are. Because who I am is all I have. I can't make someone else love me again and I can't make this world make sense. And though staying true to myself seems like my only resort I sometimes lay awake frustrated by my own lack of action. The human heart is not made to heal in haste. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever receive the only thing I truly want. And if I don't will this love fade also to where you are just another friend to me? Though I'm secure in my youth I long for the patience that only comes with age.

No comments: