A Place for my mind to wander.

Friday, January 11

Dear America,

Can I have a moment please? You have been doing great and I don't want you to forget it. Sure, there have been the rough times. Everyone has their off-days (or decades) but you are a country of the future. You were there leading the way with a democracy that still stands tall today. You have been an inspiration to many and a downfall to others. You have so much going for you and yet.... Like the young teenager, you must not get ahead of yourself. You don't know everything. You can still learn from your peers and your mistakes. See it through, America. Take a look around and see what others have to say. Healthcare? Immigration? War? What happened to you America, when did the oppressed become the oppressor? You have given yourself over to the politicians that seek to use and destroy you. They tell me to fear terrorists but the only people terrorizing me are the politicians. I'm not scared of Osama, I'm scared of Dick Cheney. Oh America, please take care of yourself. There are others out there who love you and support you but you have to make the first step. The future is now.

Love,
The World

No comments: