A Place for my mind to wander.

Wednesday, April 5

"You are just another thing I've yet to fathom"

There are moments in life when you realize that from this day forward everything will have to be different. It's hard for others to understand because these moments don't usually have physical manifestations. What I mean is that one can't simply look at a person and know that they are different than they were the day before. Also, words are words until we follow them with action. I've had one of these moments. Though the moment was approximately two weeks ago things have been different. At that moment I realized that I needed to start living with the integrity I had prided myself on in the past. There are some that say the things that oppress us are religions and society. These people are trying to change the world with their new "intellectual" insight. But they've missed what people have known for centuries, trying to live for yourself with your own rules doesn't work. We do not always know what is best for us. My dad owns a book called the four agreements, basically they are the four rules one should live by. They are: Always be impeccable with your word, Don't take anything personally, Do your best, Don't make assumptions. I agree whole heartedly with these basic principles on life but there has to be something more. These do not tell us to love others, the greatest commandment of all. At the end of the day that's all we have, Love. God's love, our friend's love, our familie's love. Nourish those relationships that contain true love because giving up on them is one of the biggest mistakes a person can make.

No comments: