A Place for my mind to wander.

Sunday, March 26

Mindless Muttering


Thoughts regress into the blank truth
Bold heartache giving way to mindless muttering
Missing a thought more than a person
Wanting a touch and not caring who it is from
These inclinations is what drives me
They drive me into arms I have no place to be
You don’t understand how someone can do
All the things that I do to you and neither can
I, dream of something that might be truth or peace
A faceless entity of love that could be you or someone else
I awake knowing you are a mixture of everything
I’ve made you to be, you are what I perceive you to be
We are looking for something outside of ourselves
To believe in and give our hearts to but then we find
That our belief is found inside and is made of us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huxtable,
I am just now commenting on your post about being a little more selfish. One, I haven't had much free time, and I also wanted to think about it a while before I made a decision on what I believe about the truth behind it. And I can see where you are coming from about protecting yourself in the long run, it would be absurd not to. But after trying to see both sides of the point, I still think that most people's problem is that we are innately too selfish. Short and long term. You referred to an experience of making yourself sick and miserable to show your ex-boyfriend that you were sorry. I was in a similar situation before and, when I got really honest with myself, my motives weren't for him or putting his best interests first, they were me trying to redeem myself. I am not saying by any means that this is what you did, I dont know you, and even if I did, it would not be my place. I'm just merely giving another perspective.

Je Dois said...

I understand what you are saying and I know that I didn't present my thoughts very well on that paticular blog. I agree with you and myself, if that makes any sense. I think that there were parts of me that was atoning for something and there was a part that wanted to just give all of myself away, not caring about the consequence. thanks for you thoughts.