A Place for my mind to wander.

Thursday, December 14

Who's Left and Who's Leaving


I'm back with scars to show
back with the streets I know will never take me anywhere but here...
we meet here for our dress rehearsal to say: "I wanted it this way"...
all this time lingers undefined
someone choose
who's left and who's leaving....
lists of all that you gave me
a blanket, some matches, this pain in my chest
the best parts of lonely....

This makes me think about my plans to leave the country. I remember one night in the airport in London, thinking of going home. I remember this thought hit me so powerfully, that some are left and others are leaving. I thought of ______'s anger that he was being left and my anger that he didn't understand what it meant to be leaving. Then I realized that it's the same. Whether you are the one being left, or the one leaving, it all hurts. The pain in each step as I walked away was echoed in them as they watched my feet.

No comments: