A Place for my mind to wander.

Monday, July 18

My last post was made after I was talking to an old friend who was telling me that he had changed. It was also inspired by something I once heard, probably at a graduation speech, "I knew everything at 18." It seems to me that I too knew everything when I graduated high school and as time gets by I know less and less. My level of information on subjects has increased, my beliefs are still in tact, but the deep seated assurance you get when you know something without a doubt is fading. In some ways I might even becoming cynical. There's a postal service song I love called Clark Gable. A line from the song reads; "I want so badly to believe that there is truth, that love is real." This is the way I feel. I hear songs by Bryan Adams and Edwin McCain that proclaim their undying love and I wonder if love like that is real. This blog for me is just an online journal basically. I don't claim to have any groundbreaking ideas, I'm just a young adult trying to figure things out in life.
I've read the comments on my posts and I appreciate the support and exchange of ideas. On this paticular post I am asking for someone else's thoughts.

No comments: