A Place for my mind to wander.

Wednesday, November 29

When all you got is hurt

I have seen:

A man walk aimless around an airport, holding a bouquet of mother’s day flowers for his long lost son, later, crying himself to sleep because his son never showed,

A friend ashamed, explaining that her mother is lost again in some bar on the main strip, lying next to me because she couldn’t stay at home,

A mother walk slowly through a church, as everyone stares, knowing that her son was just convicted of murder,

A girl afraid to spend the night alone because it is the anniversary of her rape, an act that stole her dignity and hope,

A young man cry, knowing his love is leaving and when she returns it will never be the same; trying to hold back tears behind his sunglass,

A father afraid of his daughter and the woman she has become, knowing he can never teach her all the things he hopes and prays for,

A woman consumed by her own restlessness, a constant need for change and the disappointment that follows; looking back at me in the mirror.



When was the last time I held you all through the night?
Never a worry would run through my heart like a knife.
Feels like a zillion years and I don't want to wait more.
To find you, is to lose you.
What is that for?
One more night and I might never know who you are;
tell me.

No comments: