A Place for my mind to wander.

Thursday, February 1

Other people's shit


"Don't Take Anything Personally. There is an awful lot of negative energy out there and some of it is directed at us by other people. If you take it personally and take on the poison of another's words, it becomes a very negative agreement you have with yourself. What anybody thinks about you, or says about you, is really about them. Not taking it personally allows you to be in relationship with anyone and not get trapped in their stuff."

yesterday I had someone send me something that was intended to be very hurtful to me. At the time, I did get angry but after I had had some time to reflect on the issue I realized that the situation wasn't about me. I have not done anything wrong here and if they choose to lash out because of their insecurities...then that's their own issue. I don't have to take on other people's problems because that's not my responsibility. I believe in the dignity of people. I don't believe in religion but I believe in a God because there is dignity to people. Some of us have lost our dignity. When we let fear and anger control our lives we lose our dignity. I respect myself and others, and that is where my dignity comes from...

Respect yourself and then maybe you'll learn to respect others.

No comments: