A Place for my mind to wander.

Sunday, May 14

When we met light was shed. At that moment everything was easy and made sense. The world no longer seemed like a place full of confusion and anger. I knew you would affect the rest of my life. I remember watching you when you weren’t looking, you moved so effortlessly. The stride in your step gave me reassurance. The strength in your glance was given to me and I felt complete.

I breathe by your looks and you look right through me. My strength is gone now that you have left. I was once the independent who loved to walk alone, now I wander for days. I try to reclaim your memories. Your voice no longer rings in my memories. Did you have an accent? Was your voice as strong as you made it seem?

And some great need in me starts to bleed. Years have passed since you came to me. I should no longer be waking with your name on my lips. I have discovered a hole I thought was full long ago. Though I know all of this is only a phase. You are gone and soon your memory will be too. I will wait to heal because I know there is beauty in the waiting.

--this is just a free writing exercise. I am not writing about anyone in particular. I was inspired by the lyrics of a song (in italics).

No comments: